COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) Updates
GBGH’s Emergency department is here for you if you are ill or injured and require medical attention.
THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT IS NOT A COVID-19 TESTING SITE.
If you think you have COVID-19 and are not experiencing symptoms or have mild symptoms similar to a cold, please do not come into the Emergency department for testing.
Visiting the hospital for testing puts other vulnerable patients at risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Visitor and Patient Information
May 24, 2023 – Family presence is an important part of patient-centred care at GBGH. We have now returned to 24/7 Family Presence, enabling visitors to see their loved ones in hospital at any time.
- If you are visiting a patient between the following hours, you must enter the hospital through the Emergency department
- Monday – Friday: 8 p.m. – 6:30 a.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 8 p.m. – 8 a.m.
- If visiting during these times, you will be asked to provide your name to the Emergency department Registration Clerk who will inform the unit of your visitation
- You will be escorted to the unit you’re visiting
All visitors must continue to:
- Self-screen for symptoms, as per the posted signage
- Wear a hospital-provided mask upon entering the building
- Remain masked for the duration of your visit
COVID-19 policies are subject to change based on the status of the pandemic within the region GBGH serves.
When a unit is experiencing an outbreak, visitation on that unit is limited to essential caregivers only. Please contact the unit you are visiting for more information.