Family Presence (Visiting Hours)
Family presence is welcome 24 hours a day based on patient preference. Nobody knows a patient better than their loved ones. Patients and their families should have the freedom to decide when they want to visit together based on their needs and schedules.
Effective May 24, 2023, GBGH has returned to 24/7 Family Presence, enabling visitors to see their loved ones in hospital at any time.
- If you are visiting a patient between the following hours, you must enter the hospital through the Emergency department
- Monday – Friday: 8 p.m. – 6:30 a.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 8 p.m. – 8 a.m.
- If visiting during these times, you will be asked to provide your name to the Emergency department Registration Clerk who will inform the unit of your visitation
- You will be escorted to the unit you’re visiting
Quiet times have been designated for the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. every day to promote a restful, healing environment for our patients.
The number of visitors permitted at the bedside will be decided in collaboration with the patient, family and care team.
All visitors must continue to:
- Self-screen for symptoms, as per the posted signage
- Wear a hospital-provided mask upon entering the building
- Remain masked for the duration of your visit
Reminder: Please do not visit if you or your family members have colds, flu-like symptoms or a known communicable disease.
Allergy Alert: No Latex Balloons; No Lilies: GBGH is a Fragrance Friendly hospital – we discourage the use of perfume and colognes due to allergies.