Advisory members will:
- participate in community engagement and strategic planning activities through advisory member panels;
- attend bi-annual meetings called by the chair and receive updates on the GBGH activities from the board chair, CEO, chief of staff and other staff as deemed appropriate;
- participate on selected board committees and task groups as determined by the board;
- receive regular communication from the hospital and the Georgian Bay General Hospital Foundation;
- attend the annual general meeting and receive the financial statements and auditor’s report;
- participate in the nominations process for members of the board of directors as outlined in the by-laws.
Advisory Members are admitted by the Board for a term of one (1) year that runs from July 1 to June 30.
The criteria for membership on the Advisory group are as follows:
- Work or live in the hospital’s catchment area (Midland, Penetanguishene, Tiny Township, Tay Township, Georgian Bay Township, Springwater Township);
- Be 18 (eighteen) or more years of age; and,
- Pay an annual Advisory Member fee of $25 (charitable donation tax receipts will be issued)
- Exclusions: employees of Georgian Bay General Hospital (or anyone who has been employed by the organization in the past five years) as well as Medical Staff.
- Applications will be accepted at any time.
Anyone interested in receiving an application form is asked to contact:
Georgian Bay General Hospital
(705) 526-1300 ext. 5011
P.O. Box 760 Midland, ON L4R 4P4